Apply for admission at Unisa
Apply for admission at Unisa
About University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application
You must apply for admission to the University of South Africa if you want to begin a new qualification. This includes both new Unisa applicants and current Unisa students switching to a new qualification.
Anyone who has completed a Higher Certificate or an Alternative Pathway / Extended Program must apply for admission to the next level of education.
If you previously applied for admission and received feedback but did not register for any reason, you must reapply.
Under the Unisa-TVET agreement, anyone who wishes to enroll in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college must apply for admission.
Please note that if you previously applied for admission and were offered a spot, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for whatever reason, you must reapply.
South African Applicants are suppose to pay a non-refundable application fee of R105 for online applications.
Applicants enrolling for a TVET college through Unisa can utilize a hardcopy application, which costs R160.
Submitting Documents and Results:
The following materials MUST be included in a full application that is submitted totally online:
- A proof of payment receipt of your application fee (This is a non-refundable compulsory fee for every applicant)
- A Certified copy of your ID document(ID document is compulsory for South Africa citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID and Passport Number for International Applicants)
- Exam Results: Final Grade 12 results (if available). Grade 11 results (if you currently doing grade 12) are very important for your application. Thus, have it on hand.
- A unique email address when applying either online or in a hard copy. Note that some of the systems do not accept emails from some of the universities: It is advisable to create and use a Gmail, Yahoomail address for the application.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITES
Before you apply, read the admission requirements carefully to ensure that you are eligible for consideration. Before applying, carefully read the application instructions’ step-by-step method.
The National Benchmark Test (NBT) is required before you may apply to this university. Please click here for additional information on NBTs.
How do you apply for admission? You can apply to the university either online or in person. Applicants can apply for admission over here
Applicants can also read on Unisa Residence Application:
Only applicants who have successfully applied for admission to the University of South Africa can use the online application. As a result, once you have submitted your application, you are eligible to apply for residency. Click here to apply for your Residence
How you may apply online at Unisa
Apply for admission to Unisa online or at a Unisa self-help terminal
- Apply online via the Unisa application website: www.unisa.ac.za/apply.
- Or visit a Unisa Regional Office to submit your complete application online via the self-help stations (application form + uploaded supporting documents) (08:00-15:30, Mondays to Fridays)