Apply Online to UFS 2023-2024
Apply Online to UFS 2023-2024
Applicants can apply Online to the University of the Free State using the Online Application system provided by the above web portal. Kindly read the step by steps instructions if you are applying for Undergraduate or postgraduate.
UFS UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
- Please click HERE to consult the 2023 Undergraduate Prospectus to make sure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Each Applicant must finish the online application.
- Once your online application has been sent and processed, you will get a student number (Reference number).
- Kindly note that, getting a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been granted by the University of the Free State yet.
- Applications for students who are retaking Grade 12 courses will be handled using the most recent results. If you took Grade 12 more than once, you must submit your combined results together with your application.
- Students writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by choosing “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Current Grade 12 students must submit copies of their final Grade 11 report cards that have been stamped by their schools.
- Students transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to show their previous studies when applying as well as upload an official full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (where applicable).
- Kindly note that, the University of the Free State does not take the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- Students who did not finish SC/NSC/IEB must hold USAF accreditation from the examination board for South African Universities. Click HERE to apply online for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption or mature age conditional exemption or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for the University Access Programmes (UAP), please click HERE to make sure you meet the minimum admission requirements before applying.
UFS POSTGRADUATE APPLICATIONS
Applicants must read the given documents below before applying.
- It is of great important to note that ALL Postgraduate programmes are selection programmes. Kindly click HERE to consult the 2023 Postgraduate Prospectus.
- In some instances Honours, Masters and Doctoral students are expected to apply directly to the department or to pre-register. Please refer to the specific Faculty and departmental information to determine whether you need apply directly or to pre-register. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Each applicants must finish the online application.
- Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- Admission is a separate process when your application will be evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- Before you submit your online application and upload/email documents, please visit the relevant faculty/department website to confirm additional documentation that may be required e.g. departmental application form, CV, motivation, reports, dissertation/thesis proposal etc. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload an official full academic record/transcript, degree/diploma certificate and SAQA certificate if you hold a foreign/ international qualification .
- Advanced Diploma qualifications are classified as undergraduate. It is however processed (administratively) as a postgraduate qualification due to previous studies involved.
University of Cape Town Online Application
University of Fort Hare Online Application
University of the Free State Online Application
University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
University of Limpopo Online Application
North-West University Online Application
University of Pretoria Online Application
Rhodes University Online Application
University of Stellenbosch Online Application
University of the Western Cape Online Application
For more infor on UFS click here