MGI Online Registration 2024-2025
MGI Online Registration 2024-2025
Rosebank College is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), one of the country’s premier private higher education schools accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The IIE now has more certified higher education qualifications than any other organization, with over 90. We are a completely owned subsidiary of AdvTech Ltd, a Johannesburg Stock Exchange (Pty) LTD public company. The IIE has various procedures and processes that are centrally managed by our Central Academic Team, which is in charge of academic governance and quality assurance across all of its educational brands, including Rosebank College.
- In addition to being accredited in South Africa, the IIE was also granted accreditation by the British Accreditation Council (BAC), an organization known for its high standards in quality assurance. Greece, Switzerland, Singapore, India, Mauritius, and the United Arab Emirates are just a few of the countries that the British Accreditation Council has accredited as private suppliers. Students at Rosebank College can now rest easy knowing that their IIE learning experiences adhere to best practices set by other countries.
Opening and shutting of admission Date
- Applications for admission in 2024 are accepted starting in May and ending in August 2024.
fee for applications
- International candidates need to pay a $100 application fee and attach evidence of payment.
Admission Requirements Minimum
|Minimum Admission Requirements||English||Notes|||
|||NSC: Diploma with||30%|||
|||NC(V): Diploma pass with||40%|||
|||SC: Endorsement -none with||
|||SC(a): Diploma pass||30% in LOLT in NSC or SC(a), OR a minimum of 33.3% in SC|||||
a SAQA Evaluation Certificate showing English proficiency at the NSC L4 level of at least 40%.
Consult the Spreadsheet for International Admissions.
|||As an alternative, the minimum entry requirements for diploma courses may be satisfied by a related Higher Certificate (or equivalent) or Advanced Certificate.||||||At least 20% of the credits must be related to academic literacy or numeracy if the field is unrelated.|
|Senate Discretionary Admissions||Mature Age Exemption||||Candidates must have attempted the Senior Certificate or an equivalent exam, be at least 23 years old before or during the first year of registration, have three years of work experience, have demonstrated ability in relation to the proposed curriculum, and possess sufficient communication skills; OR Before or during the first year of registration, candidates had to be 45 years old.|||
|||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)||||The IIE may consider an admission application within the terms of the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning, and Qualification Completion Policy where candidates do not meet the formal entry requirements for this qualification (IIE010).|||
|||USAF approved cognate foundation program||||Candidates who have successfully completed a recognized and accredited provider’s USAf-approved cognate foundation curriculum may be admitted.|||
|||Transfer students||||Candidates who successfully finished the first year of a comparable 3-year diploma with at least 120 credits may be admitted. However, the entrance requirements for the NSC or equivalent, higher certificate, or advanced certificate apply if a student earned fewer than 120 credits.|||
|||OQSF qualifications||||Candidates with a cognate qualification at OQSF Level 5 may be admitted if they also possess a cognate qualification at OQSF Level 5 with at least 120 credits at NQF Level 5.|
MIDLAND GRADUATE INSTITUTE OFFERS COURSES
- Digital and Academic Literacies
- Writing for Journalism 1A: Introduction to Newswriting
- English Language Skills
- Journalism 1A: Introduction to Journalism
- Journalism 1B: Media as Industry
- Work Integrated Learning 1
- Sub-Editing 1
- Writing For Journalism 1B: Principles and Practice
- Media Law and Ethics
- Writing For Journalism 2A: Magazine and Feature Writing
- Journalism 2A: Research
- Sub-Editing 2A
- Writing For Journalism 2B: Opinion and Specialist Writing
- Work Integrated Learning 2
- Sub-Editing 2B
- Journalism 2B: Culture and Ideology
- Writing For Journalism 3B: Digital Newswriting
- Journalism 3A: New Media
- Media Economics
- Writing For Journalism 3A: Investigative Journalism
- Writing For Journalism 3C: Global Citizenship
- Journalism 3B: Perspectives in Journalism
- Writing For Journalism 3D: Broadcast Journalism
- Work Integrated Learning 3
WHERE TO APPLY
Procedure for Online Registration
- Step 1: Get your username and password from the registrar’s office of your college or institution.
- Step 2: Next, use your Username (ID No.) and password to log into the site.
- Step 3: Select Registration, followed by Course Registration. Before registering, please finish your profile!! Visit Here >>>
- telephone number, email address, birth date, and upload a photo that is the size of a passport.
- Fill out the cost-sharing information in Step 4 ——> Hit “Submit.”
- Step 5: Choose Your Courses Hit “Submit.” You’ll get a confirmation message right away.
- Step 6: To end the application, click Logout.
Click here to know more about the school