Nsfas At Unisa 2024-2025
Nsfas At Unisa 2024-2025
Nsfas At Unisa 2024-2025. When it comes to Unisa students, the NSFAS allowances have long been a source of contention. The NSFAS bursary is a little different than what other university students receive because Unisa is a distance university. NSFAS provides funding to Unisa. Because Unisa’s instruction differs from that of other universities, the NSFAS allowances are given differently to students.
NSFAS-funded Unisa students receive only a Learning Materials Allowance and a Living Allowance. The Learning Material Allowance is determined by the number of modules taken. Students at Unisa will earn R600 per module for the first four modules and a one-time payment of R5200 for the remaining five modules to ten modules.
This then means that should the amount of R5200 Learning Materials Allowance be paid for the first five modules, no additional Learning Materials Allowance will be paid for additional modules.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Online Application Unisa
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Your NSFAS application at Unisa will not be considered if you
- already had NSFAS funding in 2020.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree/diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a short learning certificate or program.
- need funding for a postgraduate qualification, with an exception of the following qualifications:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
How Do I Apply For Nsfas Online Application Unisa
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Requirements For The Nsfas Online Application At Unisa
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are important during the application process and must be completed prior to applying for the Scheme to avoid rejection by the NSFAS board
For more information on nsfas click here