UCT Online application requirements 2024-2025
UCT Online application requirements 2024-2025
The requirements for admission vary depending on what you want to study. The following are the requirements for certificate courses, diplomas, and degrees:
As UCT Online starts to roll out to new campuses in 2024 and 2025, here are the application requirements you need to be aware of.
Admission opening and closing dates
- The application period begins in May and ends in August.
Eligibility for admission
- The requirements for admission vary depending on what you want to study.
- The following are the requirements for certificate courses, diplomas, and degrees:
Undergraduate Certificate Study
- Applicants must consult the Admissions Office or the faculty concerned to confirm their eligibility for admission to undergraduate certificate study.
Undergraduate Diploma Study
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49 percent) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects is required for admission to undergraduate diploma study.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for admission to degree study:
- Applicants with a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) must pass a minimum of four 20-credit NSC subjects with a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59 percent) or higher.
- Matriculation endorsement is required for applicants with a South African Senior Certificate.
- Applicants with non-South African school-leaving certificates are required to obtain a matriculation exemption certificate.
- For more information, please visit the Matriculation Board’s website.
Minimum language proficiency
- All applicants must have a certain level of English proficiency and must submit evidence of this as part of their application to study, as outlined below.
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have a pass rate of 40% or higher on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at the Senior Certificate level.
South African NSC undergraduate applicants
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT must have a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or higher in their home language or first additional language.
Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates
Please review the language requirements at UCT.
Please contact the UCT English Language Centre for more information on the IELTS and TOEFL exams.
Calculating Admissions Points Score (APS)
- The percentages obtained in the National Senior Certificate examinations (both preliminary and final) will be assigned an admission score equal to that percentage.
- When deciding on admission, the sum of six subjects, excluding Life Orientation but including English and any required subject(s) for the relevant program, is taken into account. For example, for a given program that requires Maths and Physical Sciences, we will compute the NSC score for English, Maths, Physical Sciences, and the next best three subjects other than Life Orientation.
Results of less than 40% in any subject do not receive a score.
Application Fee And Requirements
Before applying to the University of Cape Town, you must meet certain requirements. There are monetary as well as document requirements that must be met.
- The application fee is R100 for South African applicants and all other applicants within the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- For applicants who are outside the SADC, the application fee is R300.
- Graduate School of Business applicants within South Africa and all the other African countries will also pay R1750 for the application fee.
- Graduate School of Business applicants outside the African continent get to pay USD300 for the application fee.
The application fee is non-refundable and can be paid by direct bank deposit, credit card, or electronic funds transfer. Regardless of the payment method, always include your application number as a reference.
Check out this link for the University of Cape Town’s banking information. Before you conduct any transaction, ensure that you have the correct information.
- All applications must include the following application fees:
For the document requirements.
You must have a copy of the following documents ready. If you are applying online, you should scan your documents.
- All results from Grade 11 to Grade 12 or any other higher results.
- A copy of your ID Card or Passport
Yeah! That pretty much sums it up. You can also check the UCT Prospectus to ensure that all requirements are met.
UCT online Registration
UCT online Application Status
UCT online Courses
How to Apply UCT online
UCT online application dates
UCT online registration dates
How to register UCT Online
UCT online Prospectus
UCT Online application fee
For more info, click here