UFS Online Prospectus 2024-2025
UFS Online Prospectus 2024-2025
Welcome to the UFS online prospectus for the 2024-2025 academic year! Here you can find all the important information you need to make an informed decision about attending UFS. We hope that you find this document helpful and that you will be able to take advantage of all the great opportunities our institution has to offer. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Applications for any University Access Programme (UAP) offered on the South Campus and sub-regions are due on September 1.
- 31 May MBChB, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Biokinetics
- Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, and Nursing on July 31
- International Undergraduate applications are due on August 31.
- 30 September Geology, Forensic Sciences, Music, Social Work, Community Development, All non-selection programs, Transfer students from other tertiary institutions’ applications
- November 1st Fine Arts
All University Access Programs on the South Campus and sub-regions end on November 30th.
UFS has nine faculties for prospective students to choose from:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- The Humanities
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Theology and Religion
They also provide Open Distance Learning and a Business School in addition to these faculties. Students can also take part in more than 22 different sports.
Selection Forms for Health Sciences
- Forms for the School of Allied Health Professionals can be obtained here.
- The Occupational Therapy form is available here.
- The medical certificate form is available here.
- If you are not applying online and prefer to submit a hard copy application, the Application Form can be found here.
UFS values diversity, inclusivity, and transformation. Come along with them as they strive for academic achievement and creativity. They are constantly developing new knowledge through important and engaging projects. Their world-class researchers develop essential knowledge, generate third-party revenue, and contribute to the economy.
Their ever-expanding facilities and knowledge base provide several chances for researchers to make a local and global influence.
They have three distinct campuses: the Bloemfontein Campus, the Qwaqwa Campus, and the South Campus.
What qualifications do you need to study at the University of the Free State?
- You have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows you to study for a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- You meet all of the basic entrance requirements for the program in which you wish to enroll. Meeting the minimum entrance requirements for your chosen/intended program of study does not ensure admission, since each program has a limited number of spots available.
- You have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in the UFS language of instruction of your choice: English or Afrikaans (only applicable to certain programs).
- To take a specific university module, you must pass particular high school subjects with a set level of accomplishment. Please see the section on faculty-specific admission requirements, which includes the mandatory subjects and achievement levels required for each degree.
How to Apply
Before you begin the application process, ensure that you have
- an active email address and a reliable cell phone number
- scanned copies (not photographs) of your identity document/passport and grade 11 final results.
- latest academic transcript and certificate of conduct if you are transferring from another tertiary institution
- Go to https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- Click on ‘New Application’
- Follow the prompts and fill in the details
- Submit relevant documents
- Submit completed application
For more info on the school, click here