Wits online Registration 2024-2025
Wits online Registration 2024-2025
The University of Witwatersrand, or Wits, has opened online registration for the class of 2024. Continue reading for all important pre-registration and registration information for 2024, as well as registration documentation.
- Returning undergraduate and postgraduate students can now register online at the University of the Witwatersrand, or Wits. Continue reading for 2024 pre-registration and registration information, as well as registration documentation.
Opening and closing dates for admission Date
- For admission in 2024, applications open in May and close in August 2024.
- Log in to the Wits Student Self-Service Portal by clicking here.
- Navigate to the Academic Information tile.
- Select Online Registration.
- To proceed with Online Registration, click “Next.”
- Check your personal information. Click the “Register Online” button.
- SET CURRICULUM: (1) Choose Courses and Slots (2) Select “Validate.” (3) Select “Enroll.” (4) Agree to the Terms and Conditions (5) Press the “Submit” button.
- VERSATILE CURRICULUM: (1) Select “Choices” (2) Click on “Courses.” (3) Select “Add to Planner.” (4) Press the “Return” key. (5) Select “Validate.” (6) Select “Enroll.” Accept Terms and Conditions (8) Press the “Submit” button.
You have now been registered.
We are delighted that you have chosen Wits for your undergraduate studies and wish you continued academic success.
To find out what you need to do to register for the 2024 academic year, click on each of the steps below.
Accept your offer.
- If you completed the National Senior Certificate or an equivalent school-leaving qualification this year, you will receive an SMS in January 2024, shortly after the results are announced, confirming your firm offer.
- Visit the self-service portal to check your status and accept your offer.
- You must accept the offer via SMS or the Self-Service portal within the time frame specified. If you do not accept the offer, the place will be given to another student. There will be no phone or email acceptances. You may only accept one offer.
- You may discover that you have been placed on a waiting list or that your program has been deferred. We will monitor the situation on a daily basis and notify you via SMS or self-service once a firm offer is made, as decision-making is an ongoing process.
Set up your first tuition payment / Confirm your bursary or scholarship
The Initial Payment
- All self-funded students are required to pay their first fee payment BEFORE registering. This is a standard R9340 amount that applies to all students. Students will be unable to register unless this fee is paid. EFT payments must be made four days in advance in order to clear before registration.
- If you are unable to make this payment by the time you register, you will be required to apply for a postponement in order to pay the full year’s fees by the end of May.
- Students can complete the postponement on the student self-service portal and then proceed with Online Registration right away.
- Only if you have been offered and accepted a place in a program can you apply for a postponement.
The initial fee payment is not required if you:
- have received a provisional offer for NSFAS funding for 2024;
- have been awarded a full Wits University Scholarship, and fall within the funding threshold, i.e. your family earnings are less than R350 000 per year. If you fall into this category, you must request a postponement of the first fee payment through the self-service portal.
- All students must declare their household and financial income when registering.
Students requesting NSFAS or bursaries
- By February 2024, all supporting documents must be uploaded.
Fees, terms and conditions, and funding information
- For information on fees, various funding options, scholarships, and bursaries, please visit the Student Fees and Financial Aid and Scholarships Administration (FASO) websites.
- From January, the Fees Office, as well as the Financial Aid and Scholarships Offices, will be open to answering questions.
* Contact the Fees Office at 011 717 1531 or 011 717 1888.
* Administration of Financial Aid and Scholarships: click here.
* Solomon Mahlangu (Senate) House, Braamfontein East Campus, houses offices on the ground floor.
On or before registration, international students
- must pay 75% of the annual tuition fee and other related costs, as well as the on-campus housing fee.
- Before registering, the International Students Office must approve you. Click here for clearance information that will allow you to register.
- The International Students Office is also available to answer questions; for contact information, please see here.
Register before the deadline
- Most students can register online from home using the Self-Service Portal, and they are encouraged to register off-campus.
- If you are unable to complete your registration online or require assistance, such as curriculum counseling, you may register on campus at Assisted Registration.
- Each faculty has its own set of dates and deadlines for both online and aided registration. You must complete your registration within these time frames or your offer will be withdrawn.
- Students who do not register on time will not be guaranteed a position at the university. Check your registration dates here.
Online registration is available.
A step-by-step guide can be found by clicking here. During online registration, you will be asked for the following information:
- Personal Information Confirmation
- Details on Medical Aid, if applicable
- If you want to be considered for a funding opportunity, you must provide information about your annual household income.
- If your curriculum is flexible, learn more about the courses you are considering ahead of time.
- If you require parking, please use the self-service portal to apply for a Parking Permit.
- If you are unable to register online or have special needs, you may register on campus at Assisted Registration on the dates specified by your Faculty.
- At Assisted Registration, you will be able to pick up your student card, parking permit, and goodie bag. At Assisted Registration, you can find the Fees, Financial Aid & Scholarship Office, International Students Office, Faculty, and Student Enrolment Centre. Check your registration dates by clicking here.
- You will be able to access more functionality on the Self-service Portal once you have enrolled, such as proof of registration and your timetable.
Online Biographical Questionnaire
- Please complete this survey while registering for the self-service portal. The University collects biographical information from all first-year undergraduate students in order to better understand our students’ financial, educational, and social needs. The information gathered from this questionnaire will help the University provide relevant and responsive support throughout your studies.
* To complete the survey, students may be required to reset their password on the self-service portal. If you have any problems with the password, please contact Wits ICT at 011 717 1717.
Please contact bqhelp.BIS@wits.ac.za 011 717 1175/73 if you have any questions about the questionnaire.
* Click here to download the one-page guide to completing the BQ. Click here for a more detailed guide to completing the BQ.
Dates for online and assisted registration can be found here.
Click here for more info on the school